Monday, February 20, 2012

Pew Research Center The News IQ Quiz - Surprising Results

For my first blog I decided to take the current events quiz. I surprised myself a bit. I guess it's true that when your immersed in something you are bound to pick up a few things along the way. I work for a public relations firm in the research department. My job sounds like I am right in the middle of things, but before you get too excited I have to follow it up by saying I am the assistant to some of the most amazing and well educated people I have ever met. I have always had very strong opinions on most subjects, religion, style etc. but never on politics. I like many others I know, can't hold a 3 second conversation on politics and government without either walking away bored or frustrated. I never liked government classes and I couldn't stand the idea of politicians as a kid, as an adult and now with my line of work I see way more than I should. I am force fed information on a daily basis some good and some not. 

My scores were as I said surprising. I scores a 12 out of 13 which was not the most surprising part, the scary part was I was only in line with about 9% of the population. That is frighting. Me, the person who can barely watch the news unless there is a fluff story to soften the blow, scored higher than 83% of the nation. Frighting, just frighting.

What I hope to get from this class is a bit more understanding of how things are suppose to work. Where our government went so wrong and why "we the people" has become less about the people and more about the bottom line. My political view, I am a Liberal Republican if that is even possible. I believe those that work and earn their money should be able to keep it. I believe we should want to give to the less fortunate not be forced into it. I believe in pro-life but maintain that every woman has the right to choose. I believe in a man and woman being married but hold that if you love someone it shouldn't matter, and I believe if my child wants to bow their head and pray in school or on the bus they have every right to. I am what my mother might call a fence walker, there is no black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment